Routine dental check-ups are more important and complex than it seems. Many disease symptoms can be observed in the mouth and a thorough dental consultation will include a detailed examination of:
- Physical health: There will be a screening of your physical health to check for factors that may interfere with your dental care or medication.
- X-Rays: These are essential for the detection of cavities, periodontal disease, tumors, cysts and bone loss.
- Prevention of Oral Cancer: face, neck, tongue, lips, throat and gums will be checked for any sign of oral cancer and other lesions.
- Prevention of Gum Disease (Gingivitis): The gums and bone around the teeth will be evaluated for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Cavity check: All tooth surfaces will be checked with special instruments.
- Check of Previous Treatments: Restorations, crowns (caps) and prostheses will be checked for any problems.